You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tab Stops don't update

I'm exploring how to use tab stops in AD for the first time. I have quickly run into an issue with the way they function.

Here is what I am doing:
- Place cursor in paragraph that I want to apply Tab Stops to.
- Open the Paragraph Panel.
- Adjust distance (example 4 in)
- Press "Add New Tab Stop"

That works great as long as I get the distance exactly correct. I can Highlight the created Tab Stop and adjust Alignment and Leader, I cannot, however, adjust the distance. This feels broken. I should be able to adjust the distance without having to delete and recreate.

I thought it had something to do with the name of the Tab Stop, so I highlight the name to attempt to rename, but the new name does not stick.

It's much better in the 1.7 Beta! It's still a little awkward, but seems completely functional.

The awkwardness I am referring to is this:

There are these 7 buttons:
[Positions]  [Align] [v]  [Leader] [v]  [...]  [x]

Clicking [Align] does nothing. Clicking [Leader] does nothing.

[Align] [v] should be just one button: [Align v]
[Leader [v] should be just one button: [Leader v]

The [...] button should be much larger and more visible; it seems to be more useful than the other buttons.
So, [Align] [v]  [Leader] [v]  [...] could just all be one button that does [...].

My very first suggestion of all of the above would be to just make the [...] larger and easier to click.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:53 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @desult,

This seems to be fixed in the latest 1.7 beta. Can you please check this and confirm if it's still an issue? 

Thanks,

Gabe.