You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug with Clipped Objects when Dragging to Duplicate

In the GIF I am duplicating the Red Square (which has some stripes clipped within it) by holding down Ctrl + Shift.

Along the way stray objects get picked up because Shift is adding to the selection, and Ctrl is selecting objects nested within the parent shapes - this is not desirable but at least makes sense!

After a while all the nested shapes move, leaving (apparently) empty squares - this is mystifying. Why does it affect all the duplicates? They are not Symbols, yet all are simultaneously affected in the same way.

1765911096_AffinityBugShiftCtrlDragClippedShape.gif.37b80cf32502de891caae42581f36ba1.gif

Affinity Bug Shift Ctrl Drag Clipped Shape.afdesign

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Hmm... It isn't the Ctrl + Shift dragging, because I get the same weird result if I duplicate a number of copies (of the Red Square shape with nested Pixel stripes) and then simply move them.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Aammppaa,

Was this a file you created from scratch? There is definitely something very odd about it and seems like something gets corrupted with the Pixel Layer. I found on one document based on this if I move the shape (only have one on the document) a bit, it gets corrupted and the stripes disappear. I'll get it passed on to development.

Yes this was a document created from scratch in 1.7 beta (probably the current build 293).

The glitch does seem to copy into new documents, but I never found a precise recipe that easily shows the issue.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.