You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I swap files between apps?

I’ve been using Affinity Designer on my iPad (I don’t have the desktop version) for several months now. Being able to create digital art from anywhere has been a real boon to my productivity (I’m a stay at home dad, so my studio time is always sporadic and interruptable). In general, I’m new to working in vectors, but I’m loving what I can do with AD. Like many, I’m used to using Photoshop on my desktop to create my digital art, and there are very few times I miss it when I’m working in AD. However, there are a few features I normally take advantage of that don’t seem to be present like mesh transformations and filters. I know Affinity Photo has those functions, so I bit the bullet and bought the app this morning. I was under the impression there is a quick way to swap between the two apps to take advantage of the different tools and functions, but I’m having trouble figuring it out. My searches haven’t turned up any answers (to be fair, though, I’m well-known in my household to be terrible at google searches. My wife works in IT, and whenever I need an answer she will find it within seconds whereas I’ll spend hours and still come up short. She has mystical technology powers...but I digress).

I guess that’s a long winded way to ask: how (or can) do I swap a file between AD and AP to take advantage of the different capabilities?

Thank you,

Toby

12 hours ago, tobys-brain said:

I’ve been using Affinity Designer on my iPad (I don’t have the desktop version) for several months now. Being able to create digital art from anywhere has been a real boon to my productivity (I’m a stay at home dad, so my studio time is always sporadic and interruptable). In general, I’m new to working in vectors, but I’m loving what I can do with AD. Like many, I’m used to using Photoshop on my desktop to create my digital art, and there are very few times I miss it when I’m working in AD. However, there are a few features I normally take advantage of that don’t seem to be present like mesh transformations and filters. I know Affinity Photo has those functions, so I bit the bullet and bought the app this morning. I was under the impression there is a quick way to swap between the two apps to take advantage of the different tools and functions, but I’m having trouble figuring it out. My searches haven’t turned up any answers (to be fair, though, I’m well-known in my household to be terrible at google searches. My wife works in IT, and whenever I need an answer she will find it within seconds whereas I’ll spend hours and still come up short. She has mystical technology powers...but I digress).

I guess that’s a long winded way to ask: how (or can) do I swap a file between AD and AP to take advantage of the different capabilities?

Thank you,

Toby

Save file to iCloud or Dropbox or On my iPad then open from other package. Or drag and drop as in my screen recording.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help