You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Golden Cut & Golden Spiral

Hi Folks,
I don´t know if this a bug or a mix-up. So i post this in the Suggestion Forum.
I noticed that the Golden Spiral in the german language is called as Goldener Schnitt and in the english language as golden Spiral.
So far so good, but the golden Spiral is not the same tool as the golden cut (hope that is the right designation for this)
It seems that AP has no Functions like the Golden Cut. Please take a look to the linked Website. It´s only in german language available, sorry for this.
On top of the site the golden Spiral will be explained, if you scroll a little bit down, the golden Cut will be explained and then you will see that these are two different things.
And is is not the same than Thirds Grid. This is something else again.
https://www.foto-kurs.com/bildgestaltung-goldener-schnitt.htm

I have just found an english Website where it is explained. There it is called: Phi Grid
https://www.apogeephoto.com/how-to-use-the-golden-ratio-to-improve-your-photography/

Is ist possible to add the right feature (golden Cut.... in german "Goldener Schnitt") to the drop down menu that we have the golden Spiral AND the golden Cut?

1975524220_ScreenShot021.JPG.1f124708af9580549e660656d0425741.JPG1455335636_ScreenShot022.JPG.dde9788c3df69ccd17fbbe36cadb13ad.JPG

On the one hand, this is a bug report, on the other hand, a feature request. Both in one :D

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2019 at 10:35 AM, Uwe367 said:

I noticed that the Golden Spiral in the german language is called as Goldener Schnitt and in the english language as golden Spiral.
So far so good, but the golden Spiral is not the same tool as the golden cut (hope that is the right designation for this)

I agree that this is a bug. (The usual English term for „Goldener Schnitt“ is “Golden Section”.)

8 minutes ago, Uwe367 said:

Hm.. it seems that the subject is uninteresting.

I think it was simply overlooked!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thanks for your reply @Alfred

In photo the golden spiral is offered as golden section (in the german translation) and this is in my opinion the main mistake. On the one hand we have a translation error, on the other hand we have a wrong function or I am mistaken? It is not really a mistake but very confusing :4_joy:
I think it would be best if we had both. Golden Spiral and Golden Section because there are differences between them. It´s only my opinion.

Yes.. i think so too that it was overlooked :D

And by the way... thanks for telling me the right translation of "Goldener Schnitt". I didn´t know.

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.