You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer has wrong color values

Hi folks.

I found that there is a discrepancy in color values of Designer compared to Color pickers.

I have a logo with a PINK that is R:255 G:51 B:204 in Designer but when I use a color picker this PINK is a R:255 G:0 B:226.

see attached file.

I think it has to do with the color profile - how will I find the best matching color panel?

How could I get real colors in Designer?

Thanks - Chris.

Color Problem.png

Looking at your Affinity Colour Chooser dialogue, it looks like the Affinity Designer document’s colour profile is ProPhoto RGB, rather than sRGB—which is likely where the discrepancy is between the third-party colour picker.

If you go to the ‘Info’ panel, does it show the document colour profile as ‘RGBA/8 - ROMM RGB…’ at the bottom of the panel? 

Edit:  Thinking about it, I'm not sure that Affinity Designer has an ‘Info’ panel like Affinity Photo does, so perhaps File > Document Setup to bring up the document settings and look at the document 'Colour Profile' listed there.