This may seem somewhat simple-minded, but for those who will be first-time users, it would be nice to have optional help pop-up dialogue boxes for any of the set-up pages or parameter adjustment elements.  Such a feature could be switchable (on/off) in the Preference settings.

This would allow for better understanding of each parameter or setting when defining a document or project; which in-turn reduces time costs, support inquiries, et al.

Just a thought.

RickyO
APh and ADe user
New User as of Mar, 2018
Windows10 platform

23 minutes ago, RickyO said:

This may seem somewhat simple-minded, but for those who will be first-time users, it would be nice to have optional help pop-up dialogue boxes for any of the set-up pages or parameter adjustment elements.  Such a feature could be switchable (on/off) in the Preference settings.

This would allow for better understanding of each parameter or setting when defining a document or project; which in-turn reduces time costs, support inquiries, et al.

Just a thought.

Hello @RickyO,

I am not quite sure if this is what you are asking for: there are so called 'Tool tips'. The show up if you hover the mouse over an e.g. input box and wait for a moment. 
As an example you can find them in 'Document Setup > Colour' if you hover over 'Colour Format' and 'Colour Profile'.

You can adjust the time before those tips pop up in 'Preferences > User Interface > Tooltip Delay'.
I think those tips are not implemented everywhere most likely due to the early state of the software.

For a more elaborate explanation of certain functions we'd have to look in the help.

Cheers,
d.

Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 (beta 1.7.0.331) - Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 (beta 1.7.0.331) - Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.1.39 - Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.8.77    ...    Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.330

Windows 10 (1803) 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil