You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo - How to see what's on the sides?

I use Designer most of the time, but from time to time I need to use Photo and it drives me batty. It's not a bad program, it's just that I don't use it as often so I don't know how to get it setup like AD.

Anyway, here is my problem, in AD I can move objects to the side and I can still see them even though they are not on the canvas - and of course I don't remember how I did it in AD

How can I make AP so that I can see the objects that are not on the canvas, please?

Not sure I'm explaining this at all well, so as always, an image. 

653571285_howtomakelike.thumb.jpg.9ecc5978cb5790e119c717edc5d4be3e.jpg

Windows 10 | Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher | Super Power: ADHD | Instagram - Twitter | Code: HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, Node, Lua, Kodular,  Stencyl & Unreal

2 minutes ago, edee said:

How can I make AP so that I can see the objects that are not on the canvas, please?

You can’t do it, I’m afraid. Like most page layout and drawing software, AD has a pasteboard area. Like most other image editors, APh doesn’t, so you just have to enlarge the canvas to accommodate all the peripheral stuff and then shrink it to its intended size when you’re finished working.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Well, that's now what I wanted to hear. :38_worried:  That makes AP harder to work with, however Adobe wouldn't do it either, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

Thank you for the info. 

Windows 10 | Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher | Super Power: ADHD | Instagram - Twitter | Code: HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, Node, Lua, Kodular,  Stencyl & Unreal