You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Insert, delete or move pages crashes Publisher

Hi there, I can't seem to find an existing discussion on this problem, so please excuse me if I'm duplicating a question. I have a fairly long document (100 pages) in double spread and if (a) try to move a page (b) try to delete a page (c) try to add a page - adding and subtracting doubles works fine. Also, it will crash if I attempt to turn the double spread back to single.

I have tried all kinds of things, but to no avail. 

Im now working with 1.7.0.292, but this problem has not yet been resolved.

Thanks in advance

Hi! It seems the masters were causing the trouble. I removed them manually from each page and the ...presto... move and delete functions worked 100%. I am still having trouble working with the masters though, especially when importing information into tables and such. Text formatting is all wrong, styles seem useless, etc. Hopefully there is an advanced tutorial on masters because I had to make some very messy work-arounds to get what I wanted.

Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Annenigma,

Thanks for providing the file, you are correct that the masters were causing an issue, but it wasn't actually them as such, on pages 52 and 102 there were some "orphaned master page nodes", essentially a link to a master page that no longer existed, this was causing the crashing issues you were experiencing.

I've PM'd you a version of your file which has had these removed and should function as expected.

Could you maybe explain in depth your current workflow when using master pages, and anything you think you may have done that could have caused this? We are currently trying to reproduce getting a file into this state.

On a similar note, if this behaviour starts to happen again please try note what you did before it happened and let me know.

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.