You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bought and downloaded Affinity Designer from the Apple App Store today. I'm using a MacBook Air, early 2015, Mojave 10.14.3. Designer is downloaded and installed. It is listed in the Applications folder in Finder and its icon is showing on the desktop and in the Dock. But it won't open when I click on any of them. What else can I do or should be doing? 

Edited by tantalus69

GabrielM, thanks for replying,

I got it to open. I was probably not clicking at the right place before. It was early in the a.m. and my brain was in a fog. So now, the next step will be learning Designer. I want to use it to do preliminary designs of paintings in the manner of the Color Field artists of the mid-20th century. My experience with drawing/painting programs is practically zero and I will look at online tutorials. The Serif website says the book Affinity Designer Workshop won't be available until June. Some used book dealers on Amazon do have copies at outrageous prices which I won't get. Serif's website doesn't say if the new printing of the book is a revised edition that will include the updates installed in the last couple of years. It would be a shame if it doesn't. Thanks again

Tantalus

• Staff
51 minutes ago, tantalus69 said:

The Serif website says the book Affinity Designer Workshop won't be available until June.

We have currently sold out of the English Affinity Designer Workbook, and there is quite a long leadtime on producing and distributing new ones. (anyone buying one now [during the sale] is offered a refund or can opt to wait for stock)

51 minutes ago, tantalus69 said:

Serif's website doesn't say if the new printing of the book is a revised edition

There have already been 2 revisions of this book already, and whenever we reprint new ones we also tweak anything that we feel needs it, like the keyboard accelerator pull-outs and panel changes. So yes, the new books available in June will be the 3rd revision AFAIK. I would also say that following the tutorials any revision contains should be essentially unaffected by the software improvements in 1.7

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon