Hey Everybody-

I'm an illustrator that starts my process by scanning in analog ink drawings to jpeg. I use Affinity Photo to remove the white background (paper) & separate the line art that I made from the white background of the paper. It's a pretty common illustration process, and I love using Affinity Photo's "Erase White Paper" filter to do so. So much easier than when I had to perform multiple steps in Photoshop. 

From there out I use either Affinity Photo to color, arrange, etc. Sometimes I'll open the project in Affinity Designer and use both the Pixel Persona or the Vector one.

Anyhow, my question is this- 

Is there a way in Affinity Designer to 'Erase White Paper" from my jpeg file like there is in Photo? If there was, I could see just using Designer and speeding up my workflow. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

In both Designer and Photo you can use Blend Ranges to make the white background transparent:

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)