You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Progress bars for lengthy tasks

(Hope this is no repeated suggestion - quick use of the search function didn't reveal anything; at least not to me.)

There's some lengthy operations like stacking.
(I do some astrophotography at novice to intermediate level, so there's masses of RAW files to process for checking out if Affinity might replace Deep Sky Stacker. At present, DSS seems to be a bit better suited for that task.)

Now there's no progress indicator. I need to listen if my lazy cooling fans wake up, or fire up Windows' task manager for having a look at the CPU load.
Otherwise I wouldn't have any idea if Affinity is working, twiddling thumbs or taking a guru meditation in crash country.

Thus a progress indicator would be a fine addition. :)

Agreed. A progress bar would be great, but at minimum some indication of activity is necessary.

I just opened a 55-page PDF file (because I read I could in another post and wanted to see what it would do) and it took a long time, but AP didn't indicate it was doing anything. I had to open Task Manager and see if AP was using CPU to know if it was still trying to open the file.

The result, BTW, was the 55 pages in the document were inserted into one big image (47K x 37K pixels).

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub