You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Distance Measures Differ

You have a picture frame with photo. Next to that you have a text frame with text. If you activate the "Move" tool and click the center with the mouse and start to drag the text frame to the "middle point" of the picture frame (parallel to the frame's edge, not perpendicular), you get a horizontal/vertical red line across the picture frame showing you have reached the center point. You also see a measure of the distance between the two objects/frames. In my case the distance is in red and is "7.2" millimeters. If you release the mouse and then use the left/right or up/down arrow keys to move the text frame, the distance measures show up again for a few seconds. In my case, the text frame is "7" millimeters. The centering distance measure and the move distance measure are usually different. Cannot figure out why that might be in nearly all cases - so seems to be a bug to me. Video: first movement shows distance in red - the centering vertically by moving the text frame up and down. Second movement where mouse button is released and only the left/right arrows are used to move the text frame (distance in blue).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.