You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer Work Book page 316 (Boolean issue)

You're welcome.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, Pentoolist said:

page 316 of the designer workbook is about "your client proposal", nothing regarding boolean operations.

Another reason you need to use a different topic :)

1 minute ago, Pentoolist said:

And can it be that page 430 (index) doesn't mention boolean at all? Whaat!?!?

The workbook is not a manual; it is a guided set of lessons. I have not looked through it completely, so I have no idea whether (or to what extent) it covers Boolean operations.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

14 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Another reason you need to use a different topic :)

The workbook is not a manual; it is a guided set of lessons. I have not looked through it completely, so I have no idea whether (or to what extent) it covers Boolean operations.

I have very limited experience with Forums, largely because they confuse me, particularly navigating them. I am just trying to figure out how to join two curves into a single shape. I only mentioned boolean because I tried it and it did not work. I'm sure there is a different method to join them that does not involve boolean operations. Let me try again: what is the correct way to join these two shapes in Designer? Thanks for your help. 

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 1.23.04 PM.png

20 minutes ago, Pentoolist said:

Let me try again:

This is still the wrong place. Please follow the link I gave earlier (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/5-affinity-on-desktop-questions-mac-and-windows/) and click on Start New Topic and ask your question there. This is for your benefit.

You may also want to make sure you click the Follow button at the top of your new topic, so you're notified when someone replies.

image.thumb.png.ab4db6b7c22dab6ebe2f99bfdc4f3f22.png

(You might even click on the "CLICK HERE before posting" note to get an overview of some of the forum rules.)

-- Walt
PC: