If this has already been mentioned, my apologies...

There have been time when I wished the tools panel could scroll vertically.

If the overall window does not completely expand to fill the entire vertical space on the screen, some tools cannot be accessed.

Any thoughts?

This is only an issue with smaller screens, but yes, I can see that.

Scroll vertically would be one solution, another would be to allow the toolbar to be resized horizontally to hold more than one column of icons.

You can also customize the tools to put the ones you need more frequent access to closer to the top if this is an issue for you (View -> Customize Tools).

Another option is to undock the tools (View -> Dock Tools) which at least on the Mac puts the tools in a floating window which is indeed two icons wide, and thus not as tall.

9 minutes ago, fde101 said:

another would be to allow the toolbar to be resized horizontally to hold more than one column of icons.

That's possible on Windows, at the bottom of the View > Customize Tools dialog. Do the Affinity applications on Mac really lack that capability?

image.png.3cc0946bd9ce351f0c6f462d44d23490.png

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.424 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.2.422 Beta

29 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Do the Affinity applications on Mac really lack that capability?

Nope, it's there... I just never noticed it before...

So that is another available option, thanks!