You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

question on v1.7

I am now almosts esclusively use Affinity Potho  v1.7  that I find so much faster and better than v1.6. I am aware of the caveats using a beta version and I just wonder if the opening and saving is all set, meaning it will not change. In essence, is there a possibility that future versions of Affinity Photo may not open the .photo files now saved by the current 1.7  version?

PS: I would like to remind to keep in mind that the current .TIFF is incompatible with Epson print layout and something should be done.

• Staff

No. Usually new versions should be able to open files created in earlier versions (except fo Publisher which is still in an early beta phase/wasn't released yet). Only the opposite will not work - earlier versions will not be able to open files created with a more recent version. Note however that in some exceptional cases files may differ a little when opened in a more recent version if there's was changes to existing features - like the recent changes in some adjustments - but we usually try to cover these cases providing support for the older code/loading the files as they were originally created.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.