You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lens correction profile only worked once

I switched raw engine to Apple and used the lens correction profile for my supported camera and lens. It worked perfectly. Now I can't get it to work again. Not even with the same raw file as before. I now have to manually apply all the corrections.

Does anyone know why this might be?

• Staff

Hi Andy900,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Are you sure the RAW Engine is still set to Apple (Core Image RAW) in the Develop Assistant? It may have changed back to ours if you reset the program. The Apple (Core Image RAW) engine apply lens corrections automatically to the image. We have no way to turn them off as we do for our RAW engine (Serif Labs).

23 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Andy900,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Are you sure the RAW Engine is still set to Apple (Core Image RAW) in the Develop Assistant? It may have changed back to ours if you reset the program. The Apple (Core Image RAW) engine apply lens corrections automatically to the image. We have no way to turn them off as we do for our RAW engine (Serif Labs).

You're right, that's it! When I first changed the setting, I didn't restart or reopen the image. So it was still set to Serif. I'll probably keep using yours in that case, because I like being able to toggle individual corrections on/off to see the difference.

Thanks for the help!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.