You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hyperlink cursor target

I've attached a screen shot video of a problem I'm having with, what I call, the target area for a hyperlink. This is a video of an exported pdf file. As I move the cursor down you can see that the area that it turns into a hand gets farther away from the correct line. When I click on a link there is a very quick black flash that, I assume, is that target area. On the first line you can see that it pretty well lines up correctly. By the time I get down to the 8th line if you click on it and get the file for the 7th line. The farther you progress down the worse it gets. These are all links to a file but, I get similar results for other types of hyperlinks. The end of the video shows that the area that I highlighted to make the link isn't as long as what I highlighted. 

Is there some setting that I can change in the hyperlink style editor that I can make for this target area? There are a lot of choices in the style editors that I don't understand what they are.

I have also found no way to make links work in a TOC. When I export to pdf some links work but, most do not. Many end up linking to the wrong place. When you export with a link in a TOC you get a popup that says "The index needs updating" I've tried bot options, "Ignore and continue" or "Fix and continue" with pretty much the same results. I do have the box checked for  "Include Hyperlinks"

I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug or, some setting I don't have correct.

53 minutes ago, somewhereinusa said:

I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug or, some setting I don't have correct.

I have had similar problems and I don't think there is a way of specifying an area for the link to be active.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.