You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cant fill color inside multiple strokes using fill

hello sir/mam

i am not rich and i somehow bought the affinity designer. i thought it will going to speed up my character design process. but its really bad with colouring.  i know this that in toon boom harmony  animation software  and toonboom is a vector software . u use pencil and make a character with multiple strokes and u can remove intersecting lines with cutter tools. and can use fill tool to fill up 

the drawn object without pulling ur hair. 

i tried illustrator and i am not that good with it. but in that also u can fiill using the fill tool after expanding the lines. 

but this 1700 rupees  ipad software is making me crazy.  its so siimple process. why complicate it. 

is there any way u can  make multiple liines using pencil and convert lines to something and fill the lines shape inside with a solid color without making it look like thanos. pls help

i cant invest that much money . but i still did because of the rating of the software. i tried to search google still no help.

i just wanna use fill tool . 

i have attached a recorded video on my ipad to show what i am facing and if u know any solution pls help. thanks

You have created a number of individual shapes that are not closed shapes. If you try to fill you will get the effect you see. Instead, select all shapes and use Edit Add (Under Geometry), this will 'join' the shapes together closing them. Then fill.

If using Pencil tool you can turn on Sculpt to delete unnecessary nodes and draw to fill in any gaps to join them. Then fill.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

i know about sculp  in pencil  its the same colouring its just do realtime. for eg. if i am making closed circle and my two lines intersecct and go outside.  then i will have two fills. one inside the circle and one outside  along the intersection. . i tried that but i get fuzyy color fill.  is there any option i can just make  lines and somehow combine it and then  fill inside .     just a simple thing to do. i can do it in illustrator and toonboom its so easy why its so hard in this.  

• Staff

Hi iamrahulmaurya,

Welcome to the forums :)

As DM1 has mentioned, you have multiple Open curves which may produce undesired effects when filling, you need to select these curves and use the Add operation to combine them into 1 Closed curve (or multiple closed curves) before filling them.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)