You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I could not find if this was covered yet here on the forums.
I just exported a color palette in Designer (to iCloud drive) with many global colors that had custom names assigned (RAL palette). When I imported the palette as document palette back into another project the custom names on the global colors were all gone :(:( and reverted back to their default names. The standard colors and gradients all kept their names, just the global color names were gone. Please advise.

Cheers, Marc

Edited by pixelbaron
forgot to name application

• Staff

Hi Pixelbaron and Welcome to the Forums,

I just tried this and wasn't able to replicate the issue.  I create a set of Global Colours and changed them all to custom names.  Exported to iCloud and reimported as a Document and even application palette and they all kept the custom names i'd set.

If this is something you can replicate, could you list the exact steps and also post a palette files that you've exported and i'll see how it imports for me :) 

Hi and thanks for the welcome,
not sure what happened yesterday but apparently a one time glitch. I closed AD yesterday after work and now that I started it up again I can not reproduce this. Tried all variations, the custom names are kept. So this seems to be solved :)

While I have your attention. Are global gradients on the wishlist already? :)
Love this app so far, so much more intuitive then Illustrator.

Thanks, Marc

• Staff
6 minutes ago, pixelbaron said:

I can not reproduce this

Great to hear :) 

As for Global Gradients, i've no idea if we plan to revisit them or not.  I say revisit, as  I can find reports of them being in a earlier version but they caused a number of issues and got removed.  For something like this, i'd always suggest making a post in Feature Requests and the Dev team may revisit them :) 

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I retried and it was fixed, but I tried again and the global color names had desappeared again. I tried to delete all the custom palettes but the problem appends sometimes...
(I also have an inconsistent problem with zooming with the touchpad, sometimes it doesn't work, usually it does work.)

I'm using Designer 1.8.6 on a Mac under OS X 10.14.6

Best regards,

Tchak