You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding a single page doubles your text in a bad way. .221

Adding a single page in the middle of a multipage document results in unexpected behaviour. To wit all the text is repeated in an unlinked text frame next to the added page. I have used single page masters, none, and double page masters to try and add a single page all to no avail. I like that the pages keep their left right orientation regarding inner/outer margins but this doubling of the linked text is a real pain and a puzzler. I have devised a work around which may be simpler in the long run. I just add a page at the end and then delete the Master Page elements from the page I would have inserted, all the text maintains its proper flow.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

HI Old Bruce

Unless you have text on the master page itself, the new page should insert with the text frame blank and the flow should just skip over it and carry on like it does when added at the end of the document.This seems t be fine for non facing document but an issue for facing.  We are already aware of some  issues with flow when using master frames but I shall make sure this is logged also.

If i have missed the exact issue you are raising would you be able to provide more detail about your actual document setup and the steps you are performing

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.