You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I often need/want a grid with 4 pixels as "shortest move/transform" possibility. What i know so far: I can set a main grid and a "sub/division" grid an set the color/opacity for both separately. But i want more bigger "divisions" too, lets say 16/4 as main grid and some another (colored) 64 , 128, 512 grid-blocks or so. 

Than the magnetic/move-snap... i have activated ALL buttons, but moving with mouse will even move inside interpolated pixel if the zoom is to high. With the arrow keys it will "snap" (at least at pixel).

Next question: Is their a "grid" for old shapes... and so on? I have some old docs (without grid) and lot of shapes are "integer" in size and placing. When now moving/transform via mosue... it will hold the old integer "after-commata-values" instead to quantize. Well i can do via transform... but for maybe 79 elements its really a prion-work! 

And yeah, please feel free to answer with other tips/tricks/avoid traps... thank you!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

AFAIK, there is only 1 grid present at a time, and it can not be saved.

You could make various grids w. a main division of 64, 128, 256... and you can then set the number of subdivisions to integers of the base divided by 4. You might need to reduce the snapping tolerance, considering the base is 8.

I s'pose you could make an asset set of grid lines at the different proportions, and bring those into the document as needed for snapping points.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet