You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unexpected text frame behavior

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an unexpected behavior.

What I expect: When I click or double click into an existing text frame I expect the text frame size to remain unchanged and for the pointer to automatically change from whatever tool I happen to be using to the text insertion tool, at the point where I've clicked, so that I may change or add text.

What happens: When I click or double click into an existing text frame the text frame size collapses to tightly fit the existing text and the text insertion tool does not activate.

Why it matters: This means that my layout is negatively affected because the text frame should not change and it stops my workflow because I do not get the proper text tool.

Hi Todd Hagler

Where on the frame are you double clicking? If it is somewhere n the text then it should just insert the carat at that location. Double clicking on a control node for the text frame will cause it to fit to text from that node. If you are slightly zoomed out in the document then it could be that the control node click is being picked up instead of the click on the text

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.