You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't Login

Dear Affinity Support and Users,

I've bought Affinity Photo more than a month ago and wanted to try out Designer for drawing digitally. As I tried to use the Existing Account Login I've noticed that my Email doesn't seem to be in your System, even tho I have Emails from you guys having my Email written out inside of them. As usual, I tried to reset my password, to which your Website responded, that my Email is not registered.

So, for now, I've created a (new?) account with the same Email, and obviously, my purchase history and license keys are not shown in my Profile. (Which is a good thing, in case I wouldn't have noticed somebody could've hijacked those Keys) but why am I unregistered in the first place?

greetings,

Victor O.

• Staff

Hi Victor O.,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :) 
From where did you bought Affinity Photo? You only have an e-mail/password if you have bought Affinity Photo from the Affinity Store. If you have bought it from the Mac App Store or from the Microsoft Store the application was associated with your Apple or Microsoft ID respectively. You only have to run the respective store app on your computer to install the app again (no need for product keys on these cases).

Hey @MEB

I'm using the normal Windows Desktop Application (bought in your Store, not the Windows Store) I am just concerned about losing my License in case I'd carelessly delete my Emails containing those Keys. I have no issues with the application itself, I'm totally happy, but a bit concerned future wise in case I'd format my drives and as already mentioned delete those emails due to recklessness or nonawareness.

Your support is appreciated.

• Staff

Hi Victor,
Thanks for clarifying and don't worry, you won't lose your license. I'm sure this can be solved. Reseting your Affinity Store password didn't help you to get your existing account back? Are you absolutely sure you are using the correct e-mail? I mean the one you have used to buy Affinity Photo originally when registering for an account in our Store? Note it may be different from the one used to login on this forum since the Forum and Affinity Store accounts are independent from each other.

If you can't get it back please e-mail to affinityorders@serif.com and explain the issue. Add your details (order number, full name) so they can locate your original account and help you out.

7 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Victor,
Thanks for clarifying and don't worry, you won't lose your license. I'm sure this can be solved. Reseting your Affinity Store password didn't help to get your existing account back? Are you absolutely sure you are using the correct e-mail? I mean the one you have used to buy Affinity Photo originally when registering for an account in our Store?

I couldn't reset my Password at all, since my Email somehow disappeared from your System. I have no clue how or why. I'm 100% sure that I've entered the correct Email since the Email I typed into your Website and the one provided in your Emails containing the License Keys are exactly the same.

To download the Designer Trial I registered with the same Email that I've used when I bought Affinity Photo, hoping to just restore my Account that way, but seems like my Old account is "lost". By the way, is my Account linked to my License Keys? So that they would get deleted or deactivated in case my Account was really lost?

Edit: I'll contact affinityorders@serif.com
Edit 2: I've sent out an Email to you guys at 00:19 AM Tuesday 15.01.2019 GMT+1