You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7 styles - bug/regression...

I think its known "styels" (based on bitmaps) can not resize or "gradient-tweak" in 1.7. Please keep that in mind.

New or just remarked: Text will not save as style anymore. Well, i can save text-formats... but often the old styles was much more faster and intuitive to use and reachable ANYWHERE. In 1.6 a "style-saved" text got its font/size/color/distance-paragraph-break... and some other useful attributes. And this Style(S) was AVAILABLE in all new and old documents. The only thing i would "mark" they old styles had a cog instead a sample... and yeah, as all style presets, they can not reordered or named greater 8 letters... or subcategoryiezed.... 

I really hope you will make the better (not perfect) preset-system from synth-texture-filter also implement for styles, brushes, macros... afaik, but for the day please give back just the option to save a text just as style instead this over-complicated text-format, which is maybe useful for Publisher, but for Photo maybe overkilled, at least not so fast and handy than the old style!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• Staff

Hi Polygonius,
I'm having trouble understanding your issue/question (apart from the suggestion to improve styles management). Do you mind rephrasing or posting a sample file with steps to reproduce the issue/show the problem? I'm still able to create styles with or without bitmap textures/fills and add/save them to the Styles panel without issues in version 1.7 (see screenshot where I've created two styles from two text objects and added them to the Styles panel). Am I missing something? 

styles_one_point_seven.jpg.1d44eb8c4a2e863c4ee528682108bb76.jpg

Ups my fault! Yes, i can create a text-style when the move-tool is selected, not when the text-tool is active ;-) Thanks MEB!

For the other issue - please test this 3 styles in 1.6 and in the beta with resizing by gradient-tool and you will see, what i mean.

Stil Test.afstyles

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

• Staff

Hi Polygonius,
Thanks for the file. I'm seeing a few rendering issues when Metal compute acceleration is ticked in Preferences, Performance section. Is this the issue you are referring to or is there something more? Other than this, scaling the bitmap using the Gradient tool seems to be working fine for me in both versions (retail and Beta).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.