You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Light and Dark Interfaces

A darker color scheme helps to reduce eye strain when working for long periods of time.  Personally I find the dark scheme in the Affinity apps works well for me, but I've also seen situations where depending on how a room is lit and on how a monitor is configured the darker schemes that work well in one working situation may not work as well in another; contrast becomes a bigger issue in the design of the interface and some parts of the Affinity interfaces are probably right on the edge of what will cause problems in some situations.

And eyes, probably. I find reading white on black to be the problem -- the white letters have halos. I just did some experimenting and when I switch to light, my eyes noticeably relax.

If I turn the brightness of my monitor up to maximum, then the dark scheme is more nuanced and acceptable as colors of dark grey. But then, other screens are too bright. But as long as I have the light option, I'm good.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.