You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm at a loss in trying to grasp how the new HSL Color Wheel Nodes affect image colors in the newest Beta.

The new Help file states:

Using the Channel nodes

When adjusting the range of an individual color set, you can:

• Drag on an individual node to reposition it around the color circle.
  • Drag on the inside or outside of the radial ring near nodes to reposition multiple nodes.
  • Drag on the inside or outside of the radial ring away from nodes to reposition them manually one by one.

Unfortunately there are no pictorial examples to view, to help with visualising the effects described by these new instructions.

Someone had recommended that I play with the nodes and sliders, which I have done, but I'm just not getting it; just not yet observing what those nodes are about.

Can anyone here perhaps expand on the above instructions to help me get it through my thick skull?

Many thanks in advance....!!

Chaplain Thick-Skull      :$

'Tis better to have a camera and not need one than to need a camera and not have one.

-----------------

In pursuit of photographic excellence.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Excellent post, thank you....!!!

That video is most helpful, and I'm grasping the content a little better now.

Gonna take more study and trial to put the new HSL panel to use, and I'm well on the way.

Thanks again...!

'Tis better to have a camera and not need one than to need a camera and not have one.

-----------------

In pursuit of photographic excellence.