You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brushes - squashing down

I have been using Photoshop Elements for a few years now but recently purchased Affinity Photo because I have been impressed by videos I’ve seen of the software.

One of the things I like in PSE is I can use the roundness slider in the brush settings to squish/flatten (my technical term) a brush down somewhat which I find very useful but I haven’t found a way of doing this in Affinity Photo – or to be more correct I have only been able to achieve something like it in Affinity Photo by using the Shape and Rotation sliders under the General tab in the Brush Selection choices. BUT this only works on a very few of the brushes and not on all as in PSE. Am I missing something ?  

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

• Staff

Hi Lillias,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately Affinity's brush engine doesn't currently support these features, it's been requested multiple times before on our forums and is something we'd like to implement in the future.

As you've mentioned, the shape and rotation sliders are our closest current replication of these features, but this only works for Square and Round brushes.

Thank you Dan C for your reply to my question. I look forward to the day when this particular facility can be implemented in the software. I realise that these things take time as not everything can be done at once much as we might want them to...:)