You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to Edit macros in 1.7.0.188

I've loaded up this version of Affinity photo and recorded a simple macro. I'd like it to display some of the paprameters for user input as it runs. The book says click the little cog icon  on the relevant line to do this. I'm showing no cog icons, just tick boxes so I'm unable to do this.

I wonder where they have gone and how I get them to show. The macro runs ok but I get no options to adjust parameters such as exposure or sharpening etc as it does so. Ican go in after it finishes and adjust them in the normal manner but thats not what I wanted.

Edited by Chrisd
clarify request

Only certain macro steps have adjustable parameters. Which ones are you using in your macro?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I will add to RCR: If you are start with macro... there are some other lacks and bugs...

- some things are not recordable like text, pen-strokes, re-color/gradient (only via styles)

- some things will record, but not "read/run" like smudge tool

- some things are not "editable/cogging" like size of displacment map, or lot stuff in FX

- you cannot range any slider (often say get 1-1000, so its often quite impossible to move the slider, you must type the values)

- you cannot later  "replace" or delete a step (just de-activate)... so its a good idea, to build your complex-macros with special-concrete-base-blocks, instead to rewrite again and again if you want in a 50 step a change at #04... 

And there is also a bug when working with such blocks: All sliders will get the same name or the visibility-setting... this is quite annoying.

SO, i really rellay hope, they will fix this very soon... macros could be such powerful tool, but as state of the art its buggy, lack and there is no comfort by edit/organize/overwrite... special features... 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.