You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I don´t get any Designer vector brush to respond to my Wacom pens pressure. I checked the manual and did exactly that, vector brush tool - brush style palette. But whatever I choose, the line is always stright. I also changed the size variance in brush option

In affinity photo it works.

1) Do you double click on a brush in the library, so to save the settings to each brush (what I do) or just hit the "More" button in the top bar ?

2) Check that in the top tool bar in "controller" , it is set to "pressure". Of course, also that once clicking "More" button, in that settings window, ensure you have PRESSURE, and not None or other thing instead. That thingy besides the curve. Also, check what curve you have, just in case. Same whole story if checking the settings once double clicking on any brush on the brush library. Definitely check the controller thing in the top bar is saying "pressure", as I mentioned.

3) In the brush settings when double clicking a specific brush (double click one that u see in the thumbnail that has size variance) , or when you hit the top bar's "more" button, ensure that size variance is to the maximum of the slider.

4) Other than that, even with Wacom, depending on the status of your OS, the wacom service could be killed by something. Just run your wacom control panel. If it gives an error window, you need to got to Windows Services at Settings (or control panel), and "restart" the Wacom service ("Wacom Professional Service"), wait some seconds. Then close and launch again whatever the drawing apps, in this case A. Designer. It might happen in some machines when recovering from sleep mode.

Strongest bet tho is that it is # (2). Most probably the top bar one is on "none" .

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Thanks, SrPx, it was 2). After setting controller to pressure, it worked. It did not mention that in the guide I consulted.

Another strange thing is, While yesterday during trying, I could do any path with the mouse and then choose a brush style, and it was applied to the path (thin start and end, thick center of the path). Today I can do whatever I want, any controller change for example, manually setting a pressure curve, a mouse path always stays straight same thickness all along.

Why does this migration have to be so hard for me :-(

A)  You're welcome ! :) 

B) In the window/tab Stroke (View/Studio/Stroke) besides the blue curve diagram ( pressure) where you modify the curve thickness ( as how you want your stoke lines be automatically, non wacom dependent (or yep)) after drawn , to the left I mean, there's a button saying "properties". Hit that one, and even if you painted that stroke with controller not set to pressure (and/or with the mouse), so, set to "none", automatic or whatever,  well in that window that pops up after hitting that properties button, set width variance slider to maximum, aaall to the right. So, even if that stroke was in the setting right there as "none" , when sliding the size variance slider all to the right, it swaps to say "pressure". And now hit ok there, you will see that now that curve is being affected exactly by the curve profile you are setting/editing in the blue diagram/curve (so to make start of the curve thin, thick in the middle, thin at the end. Or whatever any other thing you wish). 

C) Because, all changes of context are difficult, yet an opportunity for -different- better things... ;) 

Cheers,

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

Honestly, I dont know why it suddenly worked. I just looked around and opened the palette like you said in B) and this time after I set a pressure curve, it was applied. Did the same thing last time without effect. Strange.

Anyway, inconsistent GUI is a problem here, because if the brush palette shows preview of a line in brush form, that must be whats applied instantly, should not have to be set again. Then right when I manipulated the pressure curve, it quickly adapted the preview to a straight line (what it should have been from the start, as that was the actual setting) and then changed into brush form while I changed the curve. But this is input to the developers.

Thank you again, SrPx.