You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Embedded Fonts Export Issue

I have exported a PDF file from an Affinity Publisher Beta project and discovered some of the fonts (i.e. Georgia Bold and Georgia Bold Italic) have not embedded correctly into the file, yet other fonts have. I do not usually have problems with these fonts elsewhere. Are there still issues to sort in the Beta concerning exporting of embedded fonts?

• Staff

Hi AnGwer,

The PDF (for web) preset is meant to only embed 'Uncommon fonts', so it could be these fonts have not been classed as uncommon and will not get embedded. However without looking at your document or the PDF I cannot be sure.

Would you be able to attach a copy of the PDF, AFPub file and also the fonts used!

Thanks!

Thank you Sean P. I have resolved the issue by changing the settings to embed all fonts on export. The problem font was Georgia. Apparently it is a common font but the bold and italic versions don't seem to be on my iPhone. Now I am happy all aspects of the PDF will be previewed correctly on all devices. I attach the PDF anyway.

AnGowsvaGwaf2018.pdf

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.