You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed Suggestion

Currently you can only set Bleed in the document setup. When you export, you can choose "include bleed" but you can't set or override bleed settings.

I suggest removing bleed from document setup and moving it to the export options dialog under the checkbox for inclusion, you wouldn't miss it here since the option has to be enabled by the checkbox regardless.

A plus side to this, is you could save custom profiles with custom bleed parameters. It would be nice to make a PDF export profile called "PDF for Print (marks + bleed)" that would automatically add and remember bleed and crop settings.

It just seems to be in an odd and easy to overlook place at this point. (it's also missing from iPad but you guys already know that, haha).

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery

I see the point in your argument that it may be useful to have the option at document creation, maybe allow it in both creation and export to work with multiple workflow styles.

But assuming "most people" want it that way is nothing more than made up. Everyone's workflow is different. 

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery

There have been lots of noise in this forum saying THERE MUST BE VISIBLE BLEEDS even when bleeds have been functional from the beginning, just missing visible borderline and snap. There have been much less people saying bleeds work ok.