You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Purchased for wrong OS

For anyone following this post. Problem has been resolved but it’s not straight forward. I’ve had to be refunded for original purchase then reorder via Mac App Store. 

For future reference Affinity you should make it a lot clearer for people purchasing on their phones they can only buy the Windows version. 

• Staff

Our Android testing on phones shows the Buy button takes you to the affinity store, and in there you can choose between MacOS and Windows. Windows is the default but next to the quantity selector is an OS pop-down to choose between Mac and Windows, so buying from the Mac App Store is not the only option for most people on their phones.

What phone (and OS) do you have that does not show the OS chooser ?

Screenshot_20181126-103207.png

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
20 minutes ago, Mod.dom said:

Going through the process again and knowing what to look for does indeed show the option to select preferred OS.

Just comes down to a not so well executed UX design mixed with a lack of due diligence on my part. 

Yes, we are looking into forcing the choice of OS because this has caught too many people out since the sale was announced. It's a small percentage but each one is an upset customer and that won't do. Sorry

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

21 hours ago, Mod.dom said:

For anyone following this post. Problem has been resolved but it’s not straight forward. I’ve had to be refunded for original purchase then reorder via Mac App Store. 

For future reference Affinity you should make it a lot clearer for people purchasing on their phones they can only buy the Windows version. 

How did you get the mix up resolved? I am in the same situation you were in!!!

So I fired off 2 emails, one to the purchases address and the other to the general enquiries email address. 

The first reply came back from the purchases address. They refunded me the full amount so I could repurchase for Mac OS. 

I just received a reply from the general email address today saying they were running 5 days behind due to the large amount of inquiries. 

Hope that helps. Good luck

• Staff
2 hours ago, chRRispy said:

How did you get the mix up resolved? I am in the same situation you were in!!!

@chRRispy

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Our offer has been very popular and there is a delay replying but I will have your email ticket to affinityorders@serif.com replied to directly this morning.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd