You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector persona: how to change the type of brush?

• Staff

Hi Mariusz go :)

The 'Solid Brush' that you select in the brushes studio has its Size Variance (based on pressure) set to 0% , hence any change in the pressure profile does not affect the stroke. If you select the second 'Solid Brush' in the brushes studio then you'll find the pressure profile affects the stroke, as this particular brushes Size Variance is set to 60%. I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

We're aware of the bug that causes the brush to draw incorrectly until you change the pressure profile, which is why you see the brush preview flicker and change (1:40 in your video),  however selecting the stroke type in the stroke panel does not change the brush used, which is what appears to be your issue at 1:19.
If you wish to return your stroke to a standard round brush, you need to select the curve and then select the brushes studio and change the brush used, not the stroke type in the stroke studio :) 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Unfortunately it does not work. Please note, if I add the texture brush to the track once again, if you switch over in the brush solid mode, each change in the knots causes an uncontrolled change to the brush type, ie the texture brush. You can not remove this brush and work only on a solid brush working on the nodes.

• Staff

Thanks for your video, the brush you're selecting is a textured line style and not a solid line style. When changing back to solid line style you're removing the brush texture.

If you want to return to a solid path, you'll need to change the brush used for the line to a solid brush, not a textured one.

• Staff

Please see my screen recording below, if you wish to change back to a solid line style, you need to re-apply a solid brush, not a textured brush.

Uffff 

A lot of time passed before I understood that you hit the icon of the brush solid also needs to change the brush teksture to the style of a solid brush. Returning to the brush solid requires having a suitable brush style in the brush library...

I do not understand why it does not happen automatically (intuitively) when I choose the brush solid icon from stroke studio. but I understood. thank you.