You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question: the new raster/crop behavior

In eralier version if i raster a layer, the layer will also crop to the canvas. In this version the layer will be as big before the raster. How can i raster+crop now? 

And was does document-presets like in the version-feature-describtion mean? Can i now save different studio-views??? 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

No this is a feature, It was introduced when we altered how we handle bleed to allow elements to be rasterised outside the canvas for bleed area. We have not change the crop tool do have  a destructive mode. If you enter the crop tool and leave it at it's default size it will be the size of the canvas. On the context toolbar if you change the crop method to resample and crop it will discard the information out of the crop bound and resample the information within, in the same manner that rasterise used to

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

1 hour ago, Chris_K said:

No this is a feature, It was introduced when we altered how we handle bleed to allow elements to be rasterised outside the canvas for bleed area. We have not change the crop tool do have  a destructive mode. If you enter the crop tool and leave it at it's default size it will be the size of the canvas. On the context toolbar if you change the crop method to resample and crop it will discard the information out of the crop bound and resample the information within, in the same manner that rasterise used to

Cheers

Hey thanks, for me its a misbehavior not a feature.... could you please enable an option for old behavior or at least a fast "raster with cut to canvas" meue/rightclick..... I do not want to use the crop always for just scale a layer (as long as they are an image or  big shape, its ok, but not as soon as pixel.....). 

If i just use 10% of an rasterized image, i do not want this blue-monsterbig-move-frame... and i guess the file-size will grow up useless and the performance of filters, etc... will also negative "benefit" .

If i really maybe later want another part of the image, i make a backup-layer before raster. This new "feature" does not make sense as default!

So please insert at least a menu-entry "raster with cut", direct below the normal raster...

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.