You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just downloaded Affinity Publisher BETA; it was previously unknown to me. So, it's my first day with it.  I'm not yet as savvy as some of you, but I did use Serif's previous publisher software (PagePlus X8), so I image my transition should be somewhat easy. Serif does makes intuitive products.

First thing I did was I opened a pdf book proof to see if it would have editability in AP. Some of the illustrations opened in full RGB color, but some opened as "negatives." I closed the file, then reopened it - same thing. I closed AP, then reopened it - same thing.

Bug, or me?

screenshot bug.png

Hi Toonybrain

It's not just you it's something we are trying to track down but it does seem to be something in images for documents that start as PDFs. Are you able to provide the PDf you started with at all? I can provide a link to upload to if this is required

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

38 minutes ago, Chris_K said:

but it does seem to be something in images for documents that start as PDFs.

Thanks, Chris, for your quick response.

I can certainly upload the pdf. May I send it to you confidentially because it's a book proof?

I'm almost certain that the original PDF was created in Adobe InDesign, if that helps.

Chris_K, 

I have had also inverted colours within a document (1 page out of 20 is wrong and cannot be INVERTED).  Issue with 139, 145 and 162

See my comments in "Negative images when exporting to PDF"  by richardlockton

In attachment:  single page original PDF file, Afpub file and various wrong PDF outputs created by Publisher

Process: create a white page and use the PLACE fonction to position a single page PDF. Do this 20 times. 

Work around was to restart the whole document from scratch and PLACE differently the PDF.

By the way, you will see that the .afpub files created by Publisher are huge compared to the sum of the original PDF. PDF files created by Pubisher are OK in terms of size.

Note: all original single PDF pages were scanned with Vuescan and cleaned using Affinity Photo. Then resized with bleeds of 2 mm with Foxit Phantom Pro (which is part of my present workflow for managing PDF X/3 prints) Foxit was used as at the time there were issues with Publisher bleeds management

Regards, Philippe

BDinterieurP08aP27WRONGrecreated_with162_with_Invert.pdf

BDinterieurP08aP27WRONGrecreated_with162_without_Invert.pdf

BDinterieurP08aP27WRONG.afpub

BDinterieurP08aP27WRONG.pdf

BDPLMp004.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.