You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shared Linked Files

I have Publisher on two machines with the document on a shared resource (local folders for a cloud service). Opening the document on one PC and making sure the linked resources are there and not missing, when I open on the other PC (after the local folder has synced) the resources are now missing. Since I am using the same basic folder structure and the linked files and document are in the same folder (but as sub-folders within this folder), do I assume that the links are looking for the full path - e.g. d:/folder/linked   rather than the relative folder - e.g folder/linked?

It would make life a lot simpler if the links were relative. I could have missed something in the setup but I don't think so.

5 hours ago, jackthephoto said:

It would make life a lot simpler if the links were relative.

I think it would also make a huge mess for a lot of projects. I don't like looking at full paths but I love that they point to the correct "Images/Final copies/" set of images.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.