You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

fake digital slow exposure clouds

G'day as we say down here.
Trying to master the digital slow exposure look for clouds by following this video. However I did  have a better video that I can no longer find in my stuff or online . There was or seems to be something done differently (??) Pretty sure it was not an Affinity video as I have found reference / photos I posted on a photo forum in february this year .  A forum where I have 27000 post :$

Do you have links to similar videos ? The one I'm thinking of had trees in the photo making it a bit more difficult 

This is a recent one done in affinity, but I feel it's a long way from acceptable  --- like  around the tree ;)

Cheers for considering :)

201811  03946.jpg

201811  03946-1.jpg

Please don't laugh at me -- within a few minutes of posting the thread I actually found the damn video :61_sob:
However it is an On1 video and not sure if I should add it here --- let me know Mods 
If James is still making videos for Affinity --- hint hint hint :)

No dramas if this thread is deleted  while I go back to "school" 9_9

Shot this morning, and then cooked in Affinity  after being roughly prepared in Lr5  9_9  --- always easier with fresh eyes and mind
(BTW: I hate the words shot and shoot used in photography!! ]
Do you need to know more? I could share a few notes or the On1 link privately if I cannot post it (which is fair enough) 

Cheers folks 

201811  04011.jpg

201811  04011-1.jpg

I don't think adding a link to a technique is a crime Ian, so link away. maybe someone can translate it into an Affinity video :D

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Cheers; click here for the link 
Notes: to blur >filters >blur >zoom blur >click on screen where you want the blur to come from
option to blur > live filters >motion blur [great motion blur tips here] >live filters > perspective filter -- drag your blur effect around to suit [now that is one of my original idea -- doesn't happen too often though] 

Let me know how you go. I feel I have come up with something a little different but I need to try it a few more times
Like most things with photo editing; it can take a while to understand fully and practising on the one file is the [for me away] better teacher
Like most things with photo editing; it can be easy to over do it, or do the same thing ALL the time/ too often .  

And off topic note: Scott Kelby was saying that we have become too obsessed with replacing skies because most Apps use the effect to sell their "easier than others" why of doing it  . The real problem, as I see it , is using clouds too different to how clouds would naturally be in the original photo -- think lighting/angle of lighting/cloud colours.  If the sky is boring -- too much cloud or too much of a BBBS [big boring blue sky] then look for another angle or crop most of the sky out in the final image . 
BTW: changing skies is not a new digital wizz banga thing. It's been done for years in the darkroom or in camera. How would you go at putting several or more images onto the one sheet film to make one photo  --- buggered if I could :lol:   That's too much like good photography for me!!