You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issue with Font Manager and missing font

1. Loaded up old test file (maybe the problem!)

2. On open registered as font missing (Passion One in this case)...Document opened Ok But...

3. Go to Font Manager to change font...caused a few issues

a.Initial effort on selecting and trying to replace font caused app to collapse and close

b. Re-open..same process..Select font for substitution..pick new font+Style from dropdown fields = a delay but worked. APP not responding initially on close of Font Manager

c. When Complete the font is substituted in visible text frame but...but still highlights as missing font in the Font Field on context menu. Also when you return to the Font Manager the missing font is still displayed under 'Name' even though you have just replaced it...

I pulled the text frame with missing font out and placed in a new v.162 document..as attached   

162_missingFont.afpub

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2402
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Hi StuartRc

I'm able to reproduce the crash. Selecting a font or style does cause it to stall momentarily whilst it sorts itself out, but it does resolve, however if you continue trying different font it eventually crashed. I'll get this reported.

The substituted font is reported as missing because it still is missing, You substitute the font, not replace it, so it's for display whilst the file is open in the app. If you save or export it again it is still using the original font. You need to select the text and actually change the font of it to fully replace the font

cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.