You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes while opening a Document

I can't open a specific document on Publisher. I made duplicates of it but publisher crashes too while try to open them. I tried to open it on windows but doesn't work either.

Im working on a MacBook Pro with the latest beta of publisher. 

Would be super great if someone of the crew could help me because i need the file for University.

Nice greetings from Germany

181023_Layout.afpub

• Staff

@LennartHar

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Thank you for your report. We agree that this file no longer loads into Affinity Publisher. We will see if we can resolve this (in a future release) and also look tomorrow to see if it loads into any earlier versions or if the file can be recovered. You could try <Link Removed> yourself if you wish

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

The problem relates to a master page command in combination with the document using Save history with document. We are looking at the problem and it was unknown so STILL EXISTS in the current beta. We have managed to recover your document and you will find it here

Link removed

When you load your document back into Publisher please can you turn off "Save History with Document" or this could happen again. Our advice to all beta testers is now not to use "Save History with Document" in Publisher beta while this master page issue remains unresolved.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.