You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Flops When Linked

I just installed A Pub 1.7.0.139 and began work on a large document almost finished. I added new pages, added photographs, and linked text to a new page. The text on the page it was linked from was fine, but the text on the next page was flopped and read backwards. I scrubbed the text of formatting, no luck. I reflowed the text completely, no luck. I finally deleted the offending page, created a new one and the problem was solved. Next, I tried to move a caption nearer its picture only to have the text flop backwards. I went through the same rigamarole and wound up deleting the pic and caption box and redrawing and reinserting both pic and text to solve the prob. I'm not the sharpest knife on the team, more like a dull axe, so forgive me if I made rookie mistakes, but this one has me flummoxed.

24 minutes ago, Egged said:

I'm not the sharpest knife on the team, more like a dull axe, so forgive me if I made rookie mistakes, but this one has me flummoxed.

I am more like a crowbar. I managed to recreate your problem I will include a screen shot. But my machine is very slow right now.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Well I have the picture but I can't load it for some reason, I will explain what I did. As you did I made a text frame and populated it with text then I made a second Text Frame and resized it using the bottom handle in the middle. Essentially I turned it upside down and the text flowed in fine but upside down. I also managed to resize from the side and get it to flow in as a mirror image (like Leonardo Da Vinci). 

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

Create the box any way/direction you want, resize/move with care and caution.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.