You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Masking and more -- one of the better videos imo

Now I will add what I wanted to add in the above post; however once I C+P the link there was no way backwards (??)

One of the better videos IMO 

Anyone new (and not so new) to photography/editing would learn one or two tricks watching this video --- finally someone has said "refine is not working here" .
Too many little tricks and tips for me to take in with one look so I'm off to watch again and take notes
(likely shared before but worth front page space again 

16 hours ago, ianrb said:

"refine is not working here"

When it works it is great, but I've wasted too much time trying to be clever in less than ideal circumstances, where I should have just made a manual selection!

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Too often we can try to be too perfect @Aammppaa ; especially when looking at the image at 200-300% . We might see the edit; however most casual viewers would never notice. As I have said before; Affinity urgently needs a good smart brush similar to Lr. After some serious practise it can be amazing the work that can be done with the rather simple Lr adjustment brush. As with a lot of editing; it pays to over do the work and then slowly remove the edit to suit. 

Thanks for your comment; I was wondering what's the point of sharing thoughts and ideas in the forum. :(