You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dragging and dropping image into frame (v.133)

So while I like that there is now a setting within the document settings for defaulting to linked vs embedded, when dragging and dropping an image onto a frame, this choice is ignored.

I don't think there is any need to go over all the points from earlier threads about how essential it is to have a robust setting that ensures documents are set up with linked files rather than embedded.

If it were up to me, I would like to have a setting to turn off embedded files entirely. There is simply no need for them at all in our workflow.

Embedded = BAD.

@Dave Harris

A further issue on this, when dropping an image into a frame, the rotation of the image appears to be somewhat random. Earlier I did one that was 90 degrees off, and just now, 180 degrees off.

I presume this is because AP isn't paying any attention to the rotation settings of the incoming photo that was set when the picture was taken?

Hi robinp

This should honour what placement is set you are correct, it does on the Windows side just seems to not work on the mac

The rotation is a known issue across the entire Affinity range where we are not correctly reading the exif rotation data of the image

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.