You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Table editing of column width fails

I am having serious problems with tables

The tutorial says that if I double click columns and rows are labelled, and I can edit. It shows row and column headings appearing. However, double clicking, lots of attempts and experiments , does nothing .

No amount of experimenting gives me the ability to change column widths, except the table panel. I selected a column and was able to set the width in mm. But when I came to the next column the upward arrow reduced the width! The downward arrow also reduced the width. And manual entry of width failed. So all I can do is shrink the column width This feels like a bug. It has certainly stopped me in my tracks as I cannot configure a table, ad will have to switch apps to get the job done.

BTW there does not seem to be an easy way to update to the latest version. I seem to be one release behind

Using a Mac

Edited by Philcinbath
add OS

Wonderful. I can now use tables.

For the affinity team. This needs to go in the help file and be featured on the tutorial

But now another question. How do I add more than one row at once?

The help file talks of changing a number. But How do I get to the number

BTW most tables these days allow you to select n rows and then add row adds n of them. Sort of industry standard

Well it was wonderful

For a few days I could get the header and row guides, to appear

Now I cannot. Perhaps its a new bug caused by a new release?

Big problem. I have tables I cannot adjust

AND the add row gives no options for above or below. It insists on above, which is surely the worst option as the bottom line is often full of text

I am using a Mac with latest OS and latest Publisher  release i.e. 1.7.0.128

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.