You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG - Placed afphoto file

Yesterday I was setting up a file with two scanned hand drawings. First I edited the drawings in Photo to tidy up the scans. I typically do this with a levels adjustment layer. Saved the files as afphoto format.

Then, in Publisher I placed the files. All looks correct. Then PDF the file before printing / emailing and it comes out with the levels adjustment layer partially applied to parts of the scanned images. See below.

1648791401_ScreenShot2018-09-14at15_15_54.thumb.png.5172f130dae58cebfd94654407e9192e.png

Here is what it should have looked like:

1558433607_ScreenShot2018-09-14at15_18_55.thumb.png.7c266b7227e3adc9f81a77b0e76be52d.png

It seems clear to me this is a(nother) bug with the Place tool within Publisher @Chris_K

• Staff

Hi robinp,
If you 
open the embedded documents (select the respective layer and click Edit Document in the context toolbar with the Move Tool selected) and nest the Level adjustment to the image layer if possible (dragging it over the thumbnail of the image layer until a small vertical blue bar appears on the right side of the thumbnail in the Layers Panel) it should export correctly until we fix this.

35 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi robinp,
If you 
open the embedded documents (select the respective layer and click Edit Document in the context toolbar with the Move Tool selected) and nest the Level adjustment to the image layer if possible (dragging it over the thumbnail of the image layer until a small vertical blue bar appears on the right side of the thumbnail in the Layers Panel) it should export correctly until we fix this.

Thanks, I’ll give it a go

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.