You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestions (what I need to make Publisher my software and replace Indesign in my work)

1. Allow to see bleed : it's essential, but I think you got it with all the comments I saw about it. Also, adding bleed should be in the new document dialog box.

2. Someone told me the pasteboard had no limits, but that's not what I see (see my picture below : the circle seems to disappear beyond an invisible limit). If there's to be limits : allow us to change it, and see it. 

3. Need a control panel to manually change the elements (pictures, graphic elements, text, everything) dimension (pixels and percentage mode). It's very useful to adapt large posters to smaller formats like I do a lot. If there is already one, I apologies for not seeing it, and can you please tell me where it is?

4. When we place a new picture, it should be by default in a picture frame.

5. Adding + Deleting anchor point tool could be great. 

6. Placing the different control panels in column instead of in a line could allow the user to see more of them and save space.

7. We should be able to select an element without encompassing it totally : when we have a few elements to select at the same time, it's easier to do just by maintain clicking and rapidly pass over it without necesserily encompass it totally. For now, the way we can select an element in Affinity Publisher is exactly like in Microsoft Publisher, and it's irritant and non productive in my opinion.

That's all for now. I hope it can be helpful for the final version. I am very optimist to adopt the Afinity serie for my work. 

pasteboard.png

1 hour ago, Abou said:

5. Adding + Deleting anchor point tool could be great. 

You mean this? You can use the Node Tool, click on the shape outline to add anchor points, select the points and press delete to get rid of them. If you create a shape with the shape tool, like the one in your image, you have to click "Convert to Curves" button on the top bar first.

Screen_Shot_2018-09-06_at_10_36_21.jpg.a127df8f33e5bcbdf4e92b6dffdfe7b1.jpg

I agree with all the 7 points mentioned by Abou.

Especially with "4: When we place a new picture, it should be by default in a picture frame."
I don't see the benefit of having two types of pictures. The handling of the two types is slightly different also (for example while changeing the width images are streched while pictureframes do whatever depending on their "properties").

Concerning "7. We should be able to select an element without encompassing it totally":
There is an option under "File -> Preferences -> Tools -> Select object when intersects with selection marque"

I would like to have this activated by default, because it irritated the whole office immensely (we are currently working with indesign).