You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Antidote Integration

On 7/28/2022 at 5:24 PM, Alex de Kyburg said:

... but is used by THOUSANDS of french writing people ALL OVER the world...

That's great that thousands of people around the world are using it. And it can certainly be assumed that a few of them will even use Affinity apps (as can be deduced from the posts here). But this app will definitely not be used by "all" Affinity users. The point of my post, as I hope you understood (but unfortunately it is evident from some of the previous responses that some users have a bit of a problem with understanding), is for Serif to first add functionality (and fix reported bugs) that will benefit everyone users, not just a narrow group using a particular application. Like, for example, even RTL - it has several BILIONS writing people ALL OVER the world.
Forcing the implementation of narrow and specifically applicable functionality at the expense of other widely applicable functionality is thus, in my opinion, against the interests of the majority, and Serif should take this into account when planning development priorities. Best regards.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Yes  Pšenda,Your arguments are absolutely understandable. Of course, in most Serif applications, word processing (except for effects) is secondary. And, although several applications offer the module (regularly updated), in the case of Publisher this is no longer a problem, since the method demonstrated by garrettem30 offers the possibility to double-check texts in Affinity documents before editing.
Thank you for your interest.