You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing saving location preference

You know...that's a good question. Right now I'm not sure what's happening...sometimes it defaults to the 'proper' location, and sometimes it defaults to a strange place.

I'll need to pay more attention to the behavior and get back to you (and the forum).

Thanks until then!

Ok...when I restart my computer, 'export' location defaults to a strange location on my C drive (rather than my preferred folder where everything is normally saved).  Is there any way to change the save folder Affinity defaults to on a re-start?

Many thanks!

16 hours ago, IanSG said:

Can you be specific about the export location - it might help identify what's going on.

I have no idea why (obviously), but upon restart, 'export' location always defaults as follows

C:\Windows\System32

I'd like to change that if possible...not a big deal, just thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks all!

I tried creating an image in AP and the default location was C:\Windows\System32 - it's defined as the default somewhere!   The problem is that having exported to a different folder I can't get back to System32 - I've reset and rebooted, but it stubbornly refuses to use any location other than the last one!  I'm grasping at straws here, but you could try resetting AP (hold <ctrl> key while it starts) or running it with admin privileges (right click on the icon and select more).

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

Thanks...I really don't want to mess with 'Admin Privileges' for a simple thing like a default save location.

Definitely not a problem...I just figured there was a preference setting in Affinity that I couldn't find. Mark this as a lesson learned and perhaps a future feature request.

For the moment I'll just navigate to the preferred folder. Again, not a big deal.

Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated!