You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scaling options

I could not find an option to scale font size along with the textbox. That would be very useful for resizing an area.

A way to move or resize picture frame but leave the image as it was would be great too, in order to change what part of it I want to show. Right now I have to move the picture out of the frame in the layers panel, then change the frame, and then put the picture back in. That's pretty complicated.

And maybe it would be better if in the transform panel the aspect ratio was locked instead of unlocked by default? I feel like it would be more common that you would want to keep the aspect ratio, and unlock that when needed, than the other way around.

1. Text Frames have two handles in the bottom right corner…
    • The inner / standard one scales just the frame, the outer scales the font and the frame.
  2. Picture Frames have smart scaling options which are applied by default.
    • Click Properties in the Picture Frame toolbar and select None.
    • NOTE: some of this behaviour is buggy in Beta 1 (I've has a crash to desktop).
    • In particular the image can jump about when resizing the frame.
  3. Don't think the default in Transforms can be changed in Affinity apps at present.
    • But you can change the aspect ratio behaviour of the Move tool, in Preferences > Tools.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro