You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Inpainting brush

Hi to all,

i just downloaded the trial of Affinity Designer. Among other things i have to test, I want to use the Inpainting brush so i can remove objects from photos but i cannot find it on the palette. Not at  Draw Persona and not at the Pixel one. Is this feature missing from the trial or am i looking at the wrong places ?

Thank you for any help on this!

Objectref,

I'm guessing you are looking for Affinity's photo application (appropriately named Affinity Photo). It has a lot more photo tools more like Photoshop whereas Affinity Designer is more like Illustrator. Sure Designer has the pixel persona but it's main focus is vectors (you can mix both vectors and rasters in Designer but its focus is still vectors). Affinity Photo has only been released as a beta so far, and so you will have to sign up to download the beta. If you go to the main page (https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/) and click on the "Get the beta" with Affinity Photo logo, it will take you to a page where you can signup. It is a great application. I recommend that you give it a try.

Best of luck,

Hokusai

Hey Hokusai,

thanks for the reply!

No, i have Affinity Designer...So, i think i have watched some videos about Inpainting brush that was related to...Affinity Photos!! Nevertheless, has the Designer such a feature ?

Thank you again!

objectref,

Sorry, I misunderstood you. If you look for this, I believe it is thew "insert target" tool set. It gives you control over where you would like to put something or where to paint. 

Hmm..to "put" an object, yes. But how i can remove one from the picture (a face, some unwanted object etc, like Affinity Photo's Inpainting Brush) ? Is there a way to do it with A.Designer ?

objectref,

Sorry I have no idea if you can do it using Affinity Designer but I would guess that you would need to use Affinity Photo (but I don't know for sure, maybe you can and it in Designer but if you can, I don't know how). 

Best of Luck,

Hokusai

No Affinity Designer does not have such a tool, you'll have to use Affinity Photo for that kind of pixel wrangling.

But it's OK, it's free, and documents can move between Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo with ease. There's a common file format and a saveable Undo history that works across apps. Get the free Affinity Photo beta from https://affinity.serif.com/photo

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super