You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Leading Override

Congratulations on getting this beta out. Am so excited, we are all rooting for you to succeed! Already own Designer and will definitely be adding your photo app and moving from Adobe as soon as this is officially released!

I created a text block and put some dummy text in it. Went to the Positioning and Transform area and was able to click on the leading override icon to increase the leading, but it won't decrease the leading. Just keeps getting larger and larger. So, I don't think the leading override is working.

The main leading control is in the Paragraph panel, and on the context toolbar. I recommend you use that, because it applies to the entire paragraph and so keeps the paragraph consistent. Leading Override is for when you have a handful of characters that need special handling, for example because they use a different font with a size that looks visually different.

Sorry, I get it now.

I assumed the sliders would allow the option to be able to go both up and down in size. I believe this slider has a small arrow that shows that it only goes in one direction (up). It would be helpful, if the arrows were somehow a little more pronounced.

Thanks.

Ok, I'm sorry, but I don't understand this setting. I typed a paragraph of text (all with the same leading). Selected all the text, and when I used the slider on the text, the leading only gets bigger, but never smaller.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.